We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulation). We are voluntarily registered as Data Controllers in the Information Commissioner’s public register. Our Registration Number is ZA429207. You can find our entry in the register at https://ico.org.uk/esdwebpages/search.
What we collect
We collect information about you when you open an account with us, request a quote from us, request product information from us or place an order with us for products or services. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys or provide feedback. Website usage information is collected using cookies and website analytics.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To meet our legal and financial reporting obligations.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- If you permit it, we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- If you permit it, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or post. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Who the information will be shared with
We may share your information with credit reference agencies and other companies for use in credit decisions, for fraud prevention and to pursue debtors. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required to do so by law.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on our website, look for the tick boxes that indicate how we are permitted to contact you and for what reasons.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing our Data Protection Representative, email: moc.etisraf@rpd.
- You can also request that your information be removed from our records, in this case it will be permanently deleted as long as there is no legal or financial reporting reason to retain the information for longer.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the European General Data Protection Regulation. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email our Data Protection Representative, email: moc.etisraf@rpd or write to FarSite Communications Ltd, FarSite Communications Limited, 60 Tempus Business Centre, Kingsclere Road, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6XG, United Kingdom. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.