FarSite announces a new small footprint mini Gateway
FarSite is delighted to announce the launch and immediate availability of a small footprint TCP to X.25 gateway which also has support for XOT and PAD connections.
The FarLinX Mini Gateway is the smallest member of the FarLinX Gateway range - it can handle your smaller scale single X.25 line to TCP/IP migration requirements. It offers many of the same features as in the larger FarLinX X25 Gateway range but at a lower price, in a smaller footprint and lower energy consumption.
The Gateway supports XOT to X.25 switching, X.25 to TCP data translation and connection routing, TCP to XOT, a Triple-X PAD, and a Host PAD. All this is easily managed from your browser.
There are also daily activity logs with a selectable level of detail, automatically archived on a daily basis. The SNMP support provides alerts for a numerous different conditions including critical events such as line down and line up.
- TCP to X.25 data translation with a very wide variety of modes including: character streaming,
RFC1006, Cisco RBP, APACS, ISO 8583, header stripping and parity conversion and many more
- TCP ↔ X.25 and TCP ↔ XOT routing including: fixed routes, dynamic routing and PAD routing
- Call routing between XOT (X.25 over TCP/IP) and the X.25 line
- X.28 PAD option supporting Telnet and an async connection
- X.25 Host PAD emulation support
- LAN accessible X.25 line as a sharable remotely manageable resource
- Choice of X.25 network interface connections: RS232 (V.24), V.35, RS422, RS530, X.21
- 400 messages per second and up to 50 simultaneous connections (PVC, SVC)
- Line Monitor (local or remote) to view X.25 traffic for easy network problem diagnosis
- Optional support for TCP/IP authentication and data security using IPSEC
- IP and IPv6 support
- Browser graphical configuration, SNMP alerts for critical events and activity logging
- Real time display of current connections, line performance, errors, connections and much more
- Small rugged low profile all metal case, low power consumption
See full details FarLinX Mini Gateway.
The product is available now, contact us for further information.
FarSite Communications Ltd is involved in the development and production of a wide variety of data and voice communications product and services in the business sector. These products include Gateways, PCI and USB communications adapters and are supplied through a global network of distributors, resellers and local representatives, with products shipped to over 100 countries.
The company is based in Basingstoke in the UK with an office in Shenzhen, China and can boast export sales to a highly prestigious international client list. These include some of the world's leading names in the banking, government, aerospace, military 3G and retail communications sectors.
In April 2009, FarSite was awarded the Queen's Award for Enterprise - International Trade category, one of the highest accolades a UK business can receive. In December 2012 FarSite won the Inspire12 Export achievement award.
Press information from: Steve Scott, FarSite Communications.
Tel: +44 1590 681288. Email: